Let’s skip the dry, itchy Winter skin this year, ok?
I know it can be easier said than done because treating and preventing dry skin means a little more to do as part of your normal skincare routine and sometimes you’d rather skip it all and go straight to bed! We know it’s not just us!
Stepping up your skincare routine to stay moisturized and glowing in the cold months doesn’t have to be a huge chore—but it does boil down to your daily habits.
- Don’t skimp on the water. Staying hydrated from the inside out is a year-round thing, not just during the warmer months. Try to drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day. Set small goals and build up to it if you need to.
- Don’t skip the moisturizer. Not using a moisturizer is one of the WORST things you can do to manage any skin condition. Pro tip: Look for hylauronic acid, allatoin, and safflower oil in the ingredients list for best results. Just so happens all of those are in our HydraBalance Moisturizer!
- Don’t load up on processed sugar. I know, ‘tis the season for holiday desserts every other day but we’ve got to be mindful. Sugar is a very common cause for acne and breakouts. You’ve been warned!
- Don’t stay up too late. Holiday parties and late-night gift wrapping can take time away from our beauty rest. You need 6 to 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep for your best skin. Skin renews and regenerates in your sleep—anything less will show up on your face.
- Don’t skip your workouts. It’s easy to get cozy on the couch with all the comfort food and cold weather of it all. But you need to move and get your heart rate up regularly so that you sweat out all the toxins that hide in your pores. Make sure you shower right after!