Anybody noticing their skin is dry these days? Yeah, me too.
It’s normal during this time of year as the air around us is drier. Between turning on the heat inside and lower humidity outside, staying moisturized requires a lot more now.
But we can attack dry skin from two angles: the products we use and what we eat.
Here’s a smoothie recipe idea made with hydrating, in-season fruits and vegetables.
Winter breakfast smoothie
- 3 organic celery stalks, cleaned, peeled, and cut into medium-sized pieces
- 2 organic medium carrots, peeled and cut into medium pieces
- ½ organic large English cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into medium pieces
- 1 organic Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into medium pieces
- 1 cup fresh squeezed blood orange juice (about 6 blood oranges)
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice ( or to taste)
Keeping your skin hydrated overnight
Dry skin gets worse overnight as it gets colder and central heat is blasting.
Eliminate flaky, peeling skin in the morning by sleeping with an air humidifier in your room with the fire closed. This adds moisture to the air around you while you sleep and keeps the air in your room so it's most effective.
Leave a comment